16 Apr 2013

Bluff Knoll (Stirling Ranges Nation Park)




Now this was a big climb. I wanted to see Bluff Knoll- the tallest mountain in the south west of Australia! Little did I know it was a 6km class 4 hike! Yeah I know! How else would you get up a mountain!! I thought, being such a tourist attraction you could drive!!
But never the less we climbed it! 

Left the car park at 9:45am
Got to the top at 12:10pm
Stayed up there till 1:20pm
Started walking down at 1:20pm
Got to the bottom at 3:10
Total time at Bluff Knoll - 5 hours give or take!!

Now getting to the top was a lot harder than going down!! It feels like the mountain was going forever, and we will never get to the top!! Argh!! My legs were absolutely killing me!! And this is just going up!!
We didn’t have a lot of water (lack of containers) but E finished his 2 bottles going up and I finished 1! I wanted to make sure I had some for going down!!

At the top it was just breath taking!! Really worth the trouble!! 360 views of bush around the mountain!! Windy as hell and super cold!! But we did it!! A achievement for both of us!!

Going down was much better than the struggle going up. Although it took us just as long - don’t know why, we didn’t have to stop as much to rest an catch our Maccas breathing lungs. It was very dangerous though as the rocks is loose and you can easily slip down the mountain (be quicker though, but I'm sure you wouldn’t be in one piece when you reach the bottom)

That night we were so pooped we went to a retreat ($34- powered site) where we charged everything up and really almost died on the van from pain. My legs were aching so much, I have never been in so much pain before! I thought I would have to amputate them that night to actually fall asleep!! 

I survived and now have a story to tell.



                    





No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.